26 Feb 2015 -
– Added the Katowice 2015 Pick’Em Challenge. Visit http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/kat2015 for details.
– Added Team and Event Stickers for Katowice 2015.
– Added ability to browse and download old Tournament Matches.
– Added ability to browse old Pick’Em Challenges.
– Fixed some audio-related crashes some users were experiencing.
– Added flavor text to Operation Vanguard Weapons and fixed other typos.
– Fixed a potential security issue where up to 32 bytes of gameserver memory could be unintentionally disclosed.
– Significantly increased client-side demo recording buffers.
– When attempting to stop recording POV demos in round-based game modes, the demo will stop recording at the nearest end of round.
30 Nov 2014 -
Congratulations to Team LDLC on winning the The 2014 DreamHack CS:GO Championship! They take home $100,000 of the $250,000 community funded prize pool. Team LDLC won the best of three against Ninjas in Pyjamas, with a great run in overtime that denied Ninjas in Pyjamas the chance to win another title.
If you missed any of the matches or want to watch the highlights, you can download all the games from the DreamHack 2014 tab in the WATCH menu.
We’d like to thank all the teams, everyone at DreamHack, and most of all the Counter-Strike community for making this tournament possible.
30 Sep 2014 -
– Tec-9: Further improved accuracy and additionally reduced recoil.
–Fixed a bug where it was possible to defuse a bomb in A site from B balcony
–Added collision to top of pillars in Park
–Added a boiler to room next to A pit (now known as Boiler)
– Matchmaking sessions system has been significantly improved.
— Matchmaking backend load can now be amortized better across different game modes.
— Connectivity to game servers can be fully recovered after CS:GO backend updates.
— Games in progress remain joinable after game servers or some players lost and regained their connection to Steam servers.
— Searching for all official game modes will show the same user interface that displays the number of players searching.
— When a game update is released, clients who are searching for a match will be notified to update their client.
– Official competitive matches will abort if any player has abandoned prior to the end of warmup.
– Made it possible to connect to community servers
– Made it possible to download custom content from servers
– Fixed a variety of bugs when using non-English locales
– Added icon in the store page
– Improved client stability
– Fixed a bug causing a line in the shadows to follow the player around
– Improved client stability
– Fixed a case where the wrong Operation name was displayed.
– Improved client stability
– Reworked main menu item bar
— Now supports ability to offer individual items, including a set of new community stickers
— Added “Explore a Case” market link, which filters for the case and all contents
— Added a link that filters for keys.
— Added ability to preview community stickers that are offered
18 Aug 2014 -
Congratulations to Ninjas in Pyjamas on winning the ESL One Cologne 2014 CS:GO Championship. They take home $100,000 of the $250,000 community funded prize pool. Ninjas in Pyjamas won match 2-1 over Fnatic, in one of the most watched and intense grand finals ever.
If you missed any of the matches or want to watch the highlights, you can download all the games from the ESL One Cologne 2014 tab in the WATCH menu.
We’d like to thank all the teams, everyone at ESL, and most of all the Counter-Strike community for making this tournament possible.
1 May 2014 -
– Added the Huntsman Case.
– Added the Bank Collection to the drop list.
– Added Community Sticker Capsule One.
– The bomb inventory icon in the UI now shows an arrow when you pick it up in a addition to the sound and center screen message.
– Fixed some relative positioning of elements to the radar to work consistently with hud scaling and resolution.
– Players now have the option to adjust HUD elements. This includes:
— Place the Player Count element at the top of the screen or bottom (cl_hud_playercount_pos).
— Show all avatars in the Player Count element or just the player count number (cl_hud_playercount_showcount).
— Size the Radar element (cl_hud_radar_scale).
— Choose a color to display the main parts of the HUD (health, ammo, money, etc) (cl_hud_color).
— Adjust the HUD background alpha for the colored elements. (cl_hud_background_alpha).
— Select to show the bomb position under the radar or in the default inventory position (cl_hud_bomb_under_radar).
— Display the health and ammo with or without bars/bullets (cl_hud_healthammo_style).
– Updated the look of the options menu.
– Removed the pop-up confirmation dialogue in the video options menu with tooltips.
– Added some tooltips to various options menu widgets.
– Dropdown panels now don’t go away and reappear when you click on them.
– Drop panels will now hide if you click on the header when they are open.
– The health number in the health panel now supports displaying numbers greater than 100.
– Fixed the health bar not scaling properly with health greater than 100.
– When a player opens a sticker capsule on the game server it will now correctly print in chat the rarity and actual sticker found.
[ COMMUNITY SERVERS]
– UPS, M4A1-S, & CZ75a are now available in Community Arms Race and Demolition games. To use them, add them to your server’s gamemodes config file.
– Increased default downloadable file size from servers to 150MB, added client launch option -maxdownloadfilesizemb N if clients needs to download even larger files from community servers.
– Added a convar weapon_reticle_knife_show, when enabled will show knife reticle on clients to be used for game modes requiring target id display when holding a knife.
– Starting the game with a different anti-virus or in different paged pool memory configuration will no longer reset all video settings.
– Fixed matchframework shutdown order during dedicated server shutdown process.
— Added bomb teleport trigger, to prevent bomb getting stuck in water
— Removed one-way dropdown near entrance to bombsite B, making the site easier to defend
— Reduced volume of environment sounds
— Removed ramp at back of truck in Bombsite A
— Updated radar
— Added cover in T side of canal
— Made upper park divider wider
— Improved visibility in park
— More accurate collision model on blue truck