1 May 2014 -
- Added the Huntsman Case.
- Added the Bank Collection to the drop list.
- Added Community Sticker Capsule One.
- The bomb inventory icon in the UI now shows an arrow when you pick it up in a addition to the sound and center screen message.
- Fixed some relative positioning of elements to the radar to work consistently with hud scaling and resolution.
- Players now have the option to adjust HUD elements. This includes:
– Place the Player Count element at the top of the screen or bottom (cl_hud_playercount_pos).
– Show all avatars in the Player Count element or just the player count number (cl_hud_playercount_showcount).
– Size the Radar element (cl_hud_radar_scale).
– Choose a color to display the main parts of the HUD (health, ammo, money, etc) (cl_hud_color).
– Adjust the HUD background alpha for the colored elements. (cl_hud_background_alpha).
– Select to show the bomb position under the radar or in the default inventory position (cl_hud_bomb_under_radar).
– Display the health and ammo with or without bars/bullets (cl_hud_healthammo_style).
- Updated the look of the options menu.
- Removed the pop-up confirmation dialogue in the video options menu with tooltips.
- Added some tooltips to various options menu widgets.
- Dropdown panels now don’t go away and reappear when you click on them.
- Drop panels will now hide if you click on the header when they are open.
- The health number in the health panel now supports displaying numbers greater than 100.
- Fixed the health bar not scaling properly with health greater than 100.
- When a player opens a sticker capsule on the game server it will now correctly print in chat the rarity and actual sticker found.
[ COMMUNITY SERVERS]
- UPS, M4A1-S, & CZ75a are now available in Community Arms Race and Demolition games. To use them, add them to your server’s gamemodes config file.
- Increased default downloadable file size from servers to 150MB, added client launch option -maxdownloadfilesizemb N if clients needs to download even larger files from community servers.
- Added a convar weapon_reticle_knife_show, when enabled will show knife reticle on clients to be used for game modes requiring target id display when holding a knife.
- Starting the game with a different anti-virus or in different paged pool memory configuration will no longer reset all video settings.
- Fixed matchframework shutdown order during dedicated server shutdown process.
– Added bomb teleport trigger, to prevent bomb getting stuck in water
– Removed one-way dropdown near entrance to bombsite B, making the site easier to defend
– Reduced volume of environment sounds
– Removed ramp at back of truck in Bombsite A
– Updated radar
– Added cover in T side of canal
– Made upper park divider wider
– Improved visibility in park
– More accurate collision model on blue truck
26 Mar 2014 -
- Scoreboard changes:
– Added ability to use mouse cursor in scoreboard.
– Cursor will be enabled on the scoreboard by default in halftime and endmatch.
– When alive or spectating, if the scoreboard is visible, the cursor can be enabled by using secondary fire.
– Players in scoreboards have left click context menus that allow you to commend, report, block communcation, etc.
– Scoreboard will adjust to the size of the number of players in the match. Max is still 24 players.
– Combined clan tag and name tag into one field.
- Fixed the CZ-75A icon not showing overhead during freetime.
- Added Commonwealth of Independent States flag, uses alpha 2 code “CC”.
- Fixing aspect ratio of a few flags.
- On community servers after mp_swapteams or vote to swap teams the game will also swap team names and flags.
- Adjusted the rules for dropping a grenade upon death: you now drop your most recently selected grenade. If you never selected a grenade, you will drop the most expensive one.
- Improved player hitbox alignment.
- Players shot in the head from the side will play a new left or right headshot flinch animation, instead of forward or backward.
- Defuse kit art has been adjusted to make them more visible.
- Reduced client virtual memory usage.
- Fixed an out of memory crash that could occur while downloading workshop maps.
- Fixed a hitch related to inventory icon loading.
- Players that fail to properly validate with VAC will no longer get the generic “Invalid STEAM UserID Ticket” message and instead see “An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers.”
- Started a trial of official competitive matchmaking on servers in South Africa.
– Added connector from T water to T tunnels
– Opened up small concrete hut near Bombsite A
– Made wood stack near door to A tunnels climbable
– Made it possible to shoot through wood wall near Bombsite B
– Made area near fountain in park slightly larger
– Tweaked environment light
– Removed some small gaps between crates in Bombsite B
– Added wallbanging on low wall near barbecue (Thanks Spunj!)
– Revised clipping on balcony near mid
17 Mar 2014 -
Congratulations to Virtus.pro who won the 2014 EMS ONE KATOWICE CS:GO CHAMPIONSHIP and take home $100,000 of the $250,000 community funded prize pool. Over 10,000 fans in Spodek Arena watched local favorites Virtus.pro take on Ninjas in Pyjamas. Fueled by the excitement of the fans they took the match 2-0.
If you missed any of the matches or want to watch the highlights, you can download all the games from the EMS One 2014 tab in the WATCH menu. Head over to eslgaming.com or HLTV.org for a more detailed analysis of the final.
We’d like to thank all the teams, everyone at ESL, and most of all the Counter-Strike community for making this tournament possible.
12 Mar 2014 -
Returning legends and new challengers will face off against each other to claim the $250,000 community funded prize pool at EMS One Katowice 2014. The action will get under way today at 13:00 CET with the group stage.
To earn exclusive tournament Souvenir Packages be sure to watch LIVE on GOTV, through the EMS ONE 2014 tab in the WATCH menu, or on Twitch with a linked Steam account.
If you missed a match you can download the GOTV demo from the Watch menu and keep track of the outcomes here
So sit back relax and watch the best teams compete at EMS One Katowice 2014.
12 Feb 2014 -
- Added the CZ75-Auto as a new stock pistol that is a loadout alternative to the P250. Its stats are identical to the P250′s with the exception of being fully automatic and having only two magazines.
[ CS:GO Weapon Case #3 ]
- Introducing the CS:GO Weapon Case #3, comprised entirely of pistol finishes, including finishes for the new CZ75-Auto.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Weapon adjustments based on data collected:
– Increased Aug recoil
– Reduced Aug rate of fire
– Reduced Aug and Sg553 scoped run speeds
– Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%
- Improved scope visuals for Aug and Sg553.
- Aug now has a new firing sound.
- Pressing the walk key while running now properly decelerates your speed to walking instead of instantly capping it.
- Fixed regression that broke environment fog not being reduced when zoomed with a scoped weapon.
[ UI ]
- Added text filter to loadout.
- Added peel animation when player cycles position.
- Fixed enemies on the square radar not rotating to match their view.
- Fixed teammate colors sometimes shuffling on some panels when a player disconnected in Competitive Mode.
- Crosshair style 2 (Classic) has been changed to accurately show weapon accuracy.
- Added some ConVars to be used with crosshairstyle 2 (Classic) to allow users to further customize how they want it to display. (cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio)
[ MAPS ]
– Improved visibility.
– Removed small cover on CT side of Bombsite B.
– Drastically reduced the number of trashcans.
– Widened tunnel near T spawn.
– Widened lower door in park connector.
– Widened corridor near CT sniper room.
[ MISC ]
- Fixes to improve game stability during startup.
- Added diagnostic info to debug video config reset.
- Fixed dedicated server to write steam_appid.txt
- Fixed several game server memory leaks.
- Fixed a bug causing certain workshop maps to re-download every time the game is launched.