28 Jun 2016 -
– Shipped in-game assets that are unlocked via the Series 2 Collectible Pins that will be available to attendees of ESL One Cologne 2016.
– Added new option “Fetch Event Data” to logic_eventlistener entity. If set, a new “event_data” field will be created in the eventlistener’s ScriptScope containing information about the event.
– Resurrected the convar mp_spec_swapplayersides.
24 Jun 2016 -
– Added team stickers, player autographs, Pick’Em and Fantasy Games for Cologne 2016 CS:GO Major Championship.
– Added support for Cologne 2016 game authentication codes to allow third-party websites and applications to manage your Cologne 2016 Pick’Em and Fantasy Games without running the actual game client.
— For more information on game authentication codes, visit: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_PickEm_Fantasy_Management
– Community GOTV relays will now reliably sign in to Steam and CS:GO backend when launched straight with +tv_advertise_watchable 1 +tv_relay addr:port.
– GOTV relays will now correctly communicate their statistics about connected proxies and clients upstream and downstream.
– Added convars commonly used in GOTV relay chains to common dictionary encoding.
– Added sounds for players joining and leaving party lobbies.
– Upgraded sound fidelity for Nova, Sawed Off, and XM1014 shotguns.
— Fixed a bug where an in-hand fire sound would persist when a player was killed while holding a primed Molotov.
— Upgraded sound fidelity for Molotov priming sound.
— Reduced volume of in-hand fire sound for a primed Molotov
– Added convar cl_spec_swapplayersides to flip display of competitive HUD to match teams seating on stage.
– Spectator UI – Player panel now tints yellow or blue based on the team of the person you are spectating.
– Fixed broken flex data in studiomdl
16 Jun 2016 -
– Lowered volume level of first-person nearly empty clip sound to match its volume level falloff in the environment.
– Fixed a regression in Nova and Sawed Off reloading sounds.
– Added video option (default on) for frame rate smoothing. Frame rate smoothing significantly reduces hitching and stuttering, but at the expense of reducing overall frame rate.
– Significantly reduced input latency.
– Added audio option “Play Audio When Game in Background” to match behavior on Windows and Linux.
15 Jun 2016 -
– Added new Gamma weapon case featuring 17 community-created weapon finishes and all-new knife finishes.
– Operation Wildfire Access Pass is no longer available for purchase.
– New CS:GO players will get a significant earned XP boost multiplier in Recruit and Private Ranks.
– Competitive matchmaking for new CS:GO players is now unlocked sooner, as soon as they rank up from Recruit to Private Rank 2.
[PRIME BETA UPDATE]
– CS:GO accounts will be Prime if they have verified their phone number and achieved at least Lieutenant Rank 21 or have earned a Service Medal.
– Prime accounts can now select to search only for other prime accounts in competitive matchmaking.
– When matchmaking with a party lobby, all party members must be Prime to have the Prime-only option available.
– New sound cue for shooting with low ammo.
– Upgraded sound fidelity, reduced distortion for Mag7, M249, Negev.
– New smoke sound to reduce interference with bomb defuse sound.
– New sound for text chat messages in party lobby.
– In classic game modes any money earned by a player mid-round will no longer be available for spending during the same round (i.e., SMG purchases are no longer possible during competitive pistol rounds).
– Suicide or disconnect compensation will no longer be awarded in warmup or during freezetime period.
– When controlling the bot and surviving round running out of time, the controlling player is now eligible to receive end of round money.
– Removed a legacy 2.5 seconds spawn grace period for players who reconnect to the round after freezetime is over.
– Increased upper limit on possible mp_halftime_duration values to 5 minutes.
– Added server convar sv_spec_post_death_additional_time that allows adding a delay for spectators between the death of a spec target and the switch to a new target.
– The convar sv_alltalk has been replaced with sv_talk_enemy_dead and sv_talk_enemy_living.
– Classic Casual now defaults to team-restrict communication for living players.
– Fixed appearance of fonts in the community browser and console.
– Fixed some bugs with setting fullscreen resolution.
– Set all Mac players to use Raw Mouse Input by default since this is a better experience for most players. Players can manually revert to not using raw mouse input if that is what they prefer.
9 Jun 2016 -
– Replaced the penalty for the suicide or disconnection of a player. Instead of the elimination of round-end income, a living enemy player now receives compensation equal to the missed kill reward opportunity.
– On Valve official servers, the current map will be excluded from the vote options at the end of a match.
– Modified behavior of mp_endmatch_votenextmap_keepcurrent (default 1). When set to 0, the current map will be excluded from the end of match map vote panel.
– Full player hitboxes are now used by “cl_weapon_debug_show_accuracy 2” so that the circle appears closer to the target in 3D space.
– Fixed coin journal not being accessible from inventory UI.
– Made it so “Fullscreen” sets an exclusive fullscreen mode and “Windowed Fullscreen” sets a non-exclusive fullscreen mode. Exclusive fullscreen mode allows for potentially higher performance while making switching back to the desktop slower.
– Added the concommand spec_player_by_accountid that switches observer target to the player with SteamID64 passed as argument.
– Added the convar spec_lock_to_accountid which, when set, will lock the observer target to the specified SteamID64 player. The lock can be set regardless of whether or not the player is currently connected.
-Added stairs up to B site platform, giving CTs additional options for defending the site
-Updated trees with more accurate collision model
-Fixed rendering error on wall hole model used near bombsite A
-Fixed various bugs (Thanks csgobugtracker.com contributors!)
-Improved visibility from underpass to A site
-Fixed pixelwalk in CT spawn
-Fixed some small seethrough gaps in bombsite A
-Fixed small seethrough gap from Short to Mid
-Fixed grenadecollision on van in bombsite B
-Van now plays proper surface sounds when walking on it
-Stairs in palace and B apartments will now play correct surface sounds
-Fixed potential rendering error on wall hole model used in CT sniper position
-Fixed various bugs (Thanks csgobugtracker.com contributors!)
-Minor bug fixes
– Added ladder to bombsite B target
– Top of bombsite B target now opaque
– Added short crate stack to CT outside
– Misc clip fixes
– Improved vcollide on plastic bins
– Fixed spot at CT spawn where weapons could be lost
Collision model update:
-Added more accurate collision model for bombsite models used in Mirage, Inferno, Cache.
-Added more accurate collision model for barrels used in Overpass B site.