7 Dec 2016 -
– Deployed Holiday Cheer for your festive fragging season.
– You can spread the Holiday Cheer! Gifts are now available for a limited time.
– Added new audio option that enables Head-Related Transfer Function (HRTF) processing on in-game sounds. The goal is to vastly improve 360 degree vertical and horizontal sound positioning.
– By default, Speaker Configuration in Audio Settings has been set to “Headphones with HRTF.” Selecting an alternative speaker configuration will disable HRTF.
– NOTE: For an optimal experience with HRTF, we recommend turning off any external 5.1 or 7.1 surround audio driver options.
– In the friends panel “Steam Groups” have been renamed to “Public Lobbies”.
– The “Public Lobbies” tab now shows nearby public lobbies and suggested steam group lobbies in addition to your steam group lobbies.
– Lobbies now support broadcasting to nearby players. Players can use this setting for friend or steam group lobbies.
– Steam Group lobbies now display the country associated with the majority of lobby members.
– Third-person weapon angles now visibly match first-person weapon recoil.
– Fixed 5 Year Veteran Coin to be granted to accounts that cancelled and later reactivated their old Counter-Strike license after they restart their CS:GO client.
– Loading screen tokens can now be localized when loading Overwatch evidence or maps created by community members.
– Bot names can now be localized in game language.
– Added experimental plugin support for managing network channel encryption keys on community servers.
– Removed railing on crane in A site rafters
– Removed ability to climb up on/plant the bomb on top of silos in both bombsites
– Moved T entrance to squeaky to make movement smoother
– Removed window in Toxic, replaced with double doors
– Removed yellow bollards near Garage and Secret
– Removed cover on top of Mini
– Added some full cover in cubby next to ramp in bombsite B
– Replaced exposed bombsite silo with simple version in bombsite A
– Fixed small collision bump on ramp in ramproom where players could get stuck
– Added white, flat surface on fence at T side of yard
– Fixed various bugs listed on CSGOBugtracker.com (thanks to all contributors!)
– General optimizations
29 Nov 2016 -
– Fixed a problem equipping music kits, sprays and flair items.
– Fixed friends list not scrolling correctly when only one page of friends is visible.
– Fixed a crash encountered while minimizing the game while in full screen mode.
– Fixed an issue where some UI sounds would play very quietly when the player is dead.
– Fixed ragdolls sometimes having incorrect gloves after killer replay.
– Removed barrels from Dust2 radar.
– Fixed market images for some weapons from The Glove Collection.
28 Nov 2016 -
– Introducing the Glove Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes. Unlike previous cases, the possible Special Items in the Glove Case are 24 all-new gloves. For more details click here.
– Introducing the Radicals Music Box, featuring 7 new StatTrak™ music kits from “Radicals” artists.
[Steam Group Lobbies]
– Players can now join lobbies created by members of their Steam Groups. For details, visit the Steam Group Lobby FAQ
– Added the Steam Groups tab in the Friend Lister on the Main Menu.
– By default, if you click Play With Friends and are displaying the Tag of one of your Steam Groups, your lobby will be broadcast to (and joinable by) members of that Steam Group. You can adjust your default lobby settings in the Game Settings menu.
– Looking for players from your region or who share a common interest? You can search for new Steam Groups to join, view a friends’ groups by visiting their Steam Community Profile, or create a group of your own!
– Fixed an interaction between defuse kits and water that would sometimes cause a defuse kit to be unable to be picked up.
– Fixed miscellaneous vulnerabilities (thanks GeekPwn).
– Players who get kicked from a lobby cannot rejoin for three minutes.
– Fixed a bug where some potted plants were playing incorrect collision sounds.
– Fixed a bug where some UI sounds would incorrectly spatialize immediately after player death.
– Removed barrels outside of doors leading into B site
– Blocked visibility through some props around A site
– Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck
– Fixed some minor graphical bugs
– Fixed ladders on train cars so they no longer move the player view when attaching
– Added more accurate collision for various models
– Blocked visibility under some trains from far angles
– Blocked grenades entering small crawlspace near popdog ladder
– Raised pipes in tunnels near Ivy
– Fixed a spot in T spawn where weapons could not be retrieved
– Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck
– Removed that bump in T stairs. You know the one.
– Fixed some surfaces playing the wrong footstep sounds
– Some graphical tweaks
– Updated with new content and lighting
– Updated navigation mesh
1 Nov 2016 -
– Halloween has come to a close.
– Dropped weapons and other grenades no longer prevent flashbangs from blinding players.
– Fixed a bug where Killer Replay sounds would sometimes continue playing after the Killer Replay had finished.
– Players will now measure regular UDP pings to matchmaking regions where SDR is not yet enabled (Brazil, EU North, EU West).
– Fixed a problem where players experienced high ping because region selection was based on SDR ping, but SDR was not used in the region for gameplay.
– Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes fail to start with the message “Only one instance of the game can be running at one time”
28 Oct 2016 -
– In-game friends requests will show no more than 4 friend requests, sorted by Steam profile level.
– Fixed a case when users could fail to reconnect to a competitive match after restarting their game while experiencing issues logging in to Steam.
– Max Acceptable Matchmaking Ping setting can now be set as low as 25 ms
— If there are official servers satisfying your ping setting then official matchmaking will always put you in a match hosted on those servers.
— If there are no official servers near you satisfying your ping setting then official matchmaking will put you in a match hosted on the next nearest official server, latency to which may exceed your ping setting. In this case, the player will also see the best possible matchmaking ping while searching, along with an indicator if datacenters are offline for maintenance in their region.
– Long clan tags containing Unicode characters in the end will now correctly truncate without showing a corrupt last character.
– Sound effects emitted by killed player now correctly spatialize in killer replay.
– Reduced reverb on weapons and footsteps to fix misleading sound positioning.
– Fixed the missing graffiti effect for R.I.P.I.P. graffiti when sprayed on horizontal surfaces.
– Added lag compensation for teammates when playing with “teammates are enemies” game rules.
– Fixed a vgui bug where an additional character after selection was always copied to clipboard (thanks Justin)