15 Jul 2016 -
[ Operation Wildfire ]
– Operation Wildfire has come to a close.
– The Operation Wildfire case is available for all players.
[ Misc ]
– Added ESL One Cologne 2016 tournament finalists and champions to the Major Trophy.
[ Sound ]
– Increased fidelity for Bizon, Mac10 and UMP45 weapons.
– Unique reload and draw sounds for Bizon, Mac10 and UMP45 weapons.
– New sound for C4 disarm start and disarm finish, more in line with C4 plant sounds.
– New sound for empty magazine impacting with ground.
– Lowered volume of low ammo sound and added unique sound.
– Lowered volume of smoke grenade tail.
[ Maps ]
— Added graffiti to commemorate ESL One Cologne 2016.
[ Mac/Linux ]
– Fixed maps that use Squirrel scripting, including the Weapons Course map.
– Fixed a Linux memory leak.
28 Jun 2016 -
– Shipped in-game assets that are unlocked via the Series 2 Collectible Pins that will be available to attendees of ESL One Cologne 2016.
– Added new option “Fetch Event Data” to logic_eventlistener entity. If set, a new “event_data” field will be created in the eventlistener’s ScriptScope containing information about the event.
– Resurrected the convar mp_spec_swapplayersides.
24 Jun 2016 -
– Added team stickers, player autographs, Pick’Em and Fantasy Games for Cologne 2016 CS:GO Major Championship.
– Added support for Cologne 2016 game authentication codes to allow third-party websites and applications to manage your Cologne 2016 Pick’Em and Fantasy Games without running the actual game client.
— For more information on game authentication codes, visit: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_PickEm_Fantasy_Management
– Community GOTV relays will now reliably sign in to Steam and CS:GO backend when launched straight with +tv_advertise_watchable 1 +tv_relay addr:port.
– GOTV relays will now correctly communicate their statistics about connected proxies and clients upstream and downstream.
– Added convars commonly used in GOTV relay chains to common dictionary encoding.
– Added sounds for players joining and leaving party lobbies.
– Upgraded sound fidelity for Nova, Sawed Off, and XM1014 shotguns.
— Fixed a bug where an in-hand fire sound would persist when a player was killed while holding a primed Molotov.
— Upgraded sound fidelity for Molotov priming sound.
— Reduced volume of in-hand fire sound for a primed Molotov
– Added convar cl_spec_swapplayersides to flip display of competitive HUD to match teams seating on stage.
– Spectator UI – Player panel now tints yellow or blue based on the team of the person you are spectating.
– Fixed broken flex data in studiomdl
16 Jun 2016 -
– Lowered volume level of first-person nearly empty clip sound to match its volume level falloff in the environment.
– Fixed a regression in Nova and Sawed Off reloading sounds.
– Added video option (default on) for frame rate smoothing. Frame rate smoothing significantly reduces hitching and stuttering, but at the expense of reducing overall frame rate.
– Significantly reduced input latency.
– Added audio option “Play Audio When Game in Background” to match behavior on Windows and Linux.
15 Jun 2016 -
– Added new Gamma weapon case featuring 17 community-created weapon finishes and all-new knife finishes.
– Operation Wildfire Access Pass is no longer available for purchase.
– New CS:GO players will get a significant earned XP boost multiplier in Recruit and Private Ranks.
– Competitive matchmaking for new CS:GO players is now unlocked sooner, as soon as they rank up from Recruit to Private Rank 2.
[PRIME BETA UPDATE]
– CS:GO accounts will be Prime if they have verified their phone number and achieved at least Lieutenant Rank 21 or have earned a Service Medal.
– Prime accounts can now select to search only for other prime accounts in competitive matchmaking.
– When matchmaking with a party lobby, all party members must be Prime to have the Prime-only option available.
– New sound cue for shooting with low ammo.
– Upgraded sound fidelity, reduced distortion for Mag7, M249, Negev.
– New smoke sound to reduce interference with bomb defuse sound.
– New sound for text chat messages in party lobby.
– In classic game modes any money earned by a player mid-round will no longer be available for spending during the same round (i.e., SMG purchases are no longer possible during competitive pistol rounds).
– Suicide or disconnect compensation will no longer be awarded in warmup or during freezetime period.
– When controlling the bot and surviving round running out of time, the controlling player is now eligible to receive end of round money.
– Removed a legacy 2.5 seconds spawn grace period for players who reconnect to the round after freezetime is over.
– Increased upper limit on possible mp_halftime_duration values to 5 minutes.
– Added server convar sv_spec_post_death_additional_time that allows adding a delay for spectators between the death of a spec target and the switch to a new target.
– The convar sv_alltalk has been replaced with sv_talk_enemy_dead and sv_talk_enemy_living.
– Classic Casual now defaults to team-restrict communication for living players.
– Fixed appearance of fonts in the community browser and console.
– Fixed some bugs with setting fullscreen resolution.
– Set all Mac players to use Raw Mouse Input by default since this is a better experience for most players. Players can manually revert to not using raw mouse input if that is what they prefer.