[ MUSIC KITS ]
– Added the Initiators Music Kit Box and the StatTrak™ Initiators Music Kit Box, featuring 6 new music kits:
— 3kliksphilip, Heading for the Source
— Humanity’s Last Breath, Void
— Juelz, Shooters
— Knock2, dashstar*
— Meechy Darko, Gothic Luxury
— Sullivan King, Lock Me Up
[ MISC ]
– Added a message on the main menu for players whose inventory is reaching full capacity.
– Awarded “10 Year Birthday Coin” items to players whose inventory was at full capacity and did not receive a drop during the birthday week.
– Users without Prime Account Status can only invite Steam friends to a party lobby.
– Users without Prime Account Status see a limited profile view when inspecting non-friend accounts.
– Blocked player avatars will now display one of a set of premade custom avatars instead of a no-avatar-outline.
– Fixed Steam Controller input overlay mismatch during warmup.
[ MAPS ]
-Fixed bot navigation
-Added position names in the upper left corner
-Fixed various visual bugs
-Improved optimization a bit
-Moved the map away from the zero coordinates
-Reworked model of the fence, canopy, steps
-Various minor visual improvements
-Improved clipping throughout the map
Thanks Joaokaka1998, Cheburek
Primetime -> Cascade
– Name changed from Primetime to Cascade.
– Updated cave collision model.
– Improved clipping
– Reduced detail to help boost performance and limit visual bugs
– All particles, sprites, and glows have been removed
– Lighting has been altered
– Fixed various bomb stuck spots and clipping issues (thanks Joaokaka1998, LATE and Kerluck!)
– Made the blinds at A non see-through
– Added missing clipping to T spawn lamps
– Various small visual bug fixes
Whether you’re a fan of dance music, hip-hop, rock, or CS:GO content creators, there’s a music kit for everyone. The Initiators Music Kit Box is now available for purchase in-game!
As part of today’s update, 10 Year Birthday Coins are no longer possible to earn. Thank you to all the players who celebrated CS:GO’s 10th birthday with us and earned their coin!
[10 Year Birthday]
CS:GO is celebrating its 10th birthday with:
– The 10 Year Birthday Sticker Capsule
– Maps (see below)
– The 10 Year Birthday Coin
— Get your Birthday Coin by earning enough XP for your first in-game drop of the week.
– Added an “Inspect Items” option to browse contents of containers.
– Anubis, Breach, and Tuscan have been added to official matchmaking in Competitive, Casual, and Deathmatch game modes.
– Primetime and Blagai have been added to official matchmaking in Wingman game mode.
– Climb, Crete, Hive, and Iris have been removed from official matchmaking.
It’s CS:GO’s 10th birthday, and we’re celebrating with stickers, maps, and cupcakes!
10 Year Birthday Sticker Capsule
The community pulled together for the 10th anniversary sticker competition, and the results speak for themselves–the 10 Year Birthday Sticker Capsule contains over 60 community submitted designs, including an all new animated ‘Lenticular’ quality. Congratulations to the winners!
You’ve been patient, and it’s finally here. Tuscan is available in all game modes, so jump in to this classic map and put it through its paces!
And that’s not all: we’ve brought back Anubis and Breach to competitive matchmaking, and added Primetime and Blagai to Wingman!
It wouldn’t be a birthday without some cake… specifically, a cupcake topped with a birthday coin! For the next week (until Monday, August 22nd), CS:GO players with Prime status can grab their birthday coin by earning enough XP for their first in-game drop of the week.
Ten years. It’s a big number, yet CS:GO is stronger than ever. Over the past 12 months alone, we’ve seen more players than ever before (averaging over 20 million monthly unique players), record viewership for Majors (2.7m concurrent viewers), and massive community support with over $70 million raised for professional organizations, teams, and players. The future could not look brighter.
Happy Birthday, CS:GO.
Competitive Skill Groups are undergoing some recalibration.
Typically when we ship changes to CS:GO’s matchmaking system, the adjustments are small enough that we don’t include them in our release notes. However, today’s update affects all CS:GO players so it requires some explanation.
When you launch CS:GO, you’ll notice that your Skill Group is not displayed–you’ll have to win one more match to reveal your Skill Group. Most of you will notice a change to your Skill Group, but some of you may find that you were already in the right place.
So jump into a match, or two, or however many it takes for your next win!
Also, for those of you still interested, it’s the last week to purchase Antwerp 2022 Stickers–they are available in the store until August 8th.