It’s CS:GO’s 10th birthday, and we’re celebrating with stickers, maps, and cupcakes!
10 Year Birthday Sticker Capsule
The community pulled together for the 10th anniversary sticker competition, and the results speak for themselves–the 10 Year Birthday Sticker Capsule contains over 60 community submitted designs, including an all new animated ‘Lenticular’ quality. Congratulations to the winners!
You’ve been patient, and it’s finally here. Tuscan is available in all game modes, so jump in to this classic map and put it through its paces!
And that’s not all: we’ve brought back Anubis and Breach to competitive matchmaking, and added Primetime and Blagai to Wingman!
It wouldn’t be a birthday without some cake… specifically, a cupcake topped with a birthday coin! For the next week (until Monday, August 22nd), CS:GO players with Prime status can grab their birthday coin by earning enough XP for their first in-game drop of the week.
Ten years. It’s a big number, yet CS:GO is stronger than ever. Over the past 12 months alone, we’ve seen more players than ever before (averaging over 20 million monthly unique players), record viewership for Majors (2.7m concurrent viewers), and massive community support with over $70 million raised for professional organizations, teams, and players. The future could not look brighter.
Happy Birthday, CS:GO.
Competitive Skill Groups are undergoing some recalibration.
Typically when we ship changes to CS:GO’s matchmaking system, the adjustments are small enough that we don’t include them in our release notes. However, today’s update affects all CS:GO players so it requires some explanation.
When you launch CS:GO, you’ll notice that your Skill Group is not displayed–you’ll have to win one more match to reveal your Skill Group. Most of you will notice a change to your Skill Group, but some of you may find that you were already in the right place.
So jump into a match, or two, or however many it takes for your next win!
Also, for those of you still interested, it’s the last week to purchase Antwerp 2022 Stickers–they are available in the store until August 8th.
– Fixed a regression in the kill panel to show the killer’s weapon.
– Fixed a rare interruption in map veto process in Premier matchmaking when players disconnect.
– Updated low violence version of “R8 Revolver | Crazy 8” weapon finish.
-Wheeled out the ancient usable cannons
-Docks building roof is now easily accessible
-Began reconstructing house near Industry
-Drops can now spawn on docks building
-Drops can no longer spawn above rock tunnel near Observatory
-Added weapon spawns at Docks building, Hospital and Industry (thanks Orel)
-Removed place names when pinging
-Improved clipping at Tourist
-Minor other changes
– Reworked handrails to prevent headpeeks
– Removed train horn sound on bombsite
– Made middle statue area a bit brighter
Today we are excited to ship the Recoil Case, featuring 17 weapon finishes from community artists and including the Broken Fang Case Gloves as rare special items!
The Recoil Case is dropping in-game now!
[ THE RECOIL CASE ]
– Introducing the Recoil Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes.
[ MAPS ]
– Construction work has progressed.
– Added rock path near Observatory.
– Added rock tunnel near Observatory.
– Added some rocks in water near Helipad.
– Minor bug fixes.
[ CUSTOM GAME TYPE ]
– Added support to map-placed weapons in custom maps loaded with game_type 3.
– Added support for community dedicated servers to execute gamemode_custom_server.cfg when running custom maps with game_type 3.