Release Notes for 5/27/2020
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– The killfeed now displays players that are killed by C4 explosions in all game modes.
– Players that are frozen by game logic no longer take damage.
– Players are less likely to become stuck on mid-air grenades, and are now able to stand up when crouched on top of another player’s decoy grenade.
– Grenades are less likely to phase through doors when thrown into nearby players, and have improved collision when bouncing near the ground around player’s feet.
[ RENDERING ]
– Adjusted sticker shader to reduce mip artifacts on holographic stickers at an angle.
– Optimized shadow culling frustum to prevent flickering shadows caused by renderable overflow at ultra-wide aspect ratios such as 21:9.
– Optimized texture generation by giving composite textures destined for models that are already rendering higher priority in the generation queue.
– Added a trailing cache of composite inputs, designed to optimize composite generation for sequences of similar jobs.
– More asynchronous texture requests are allowed per cycle, allowing composites to generate faster on some systems.
– Added an experimental graphics setting; ‘Texture Streaming’ in video options. Texture streaming allows the game to defer loading of high-resolution textures until they are needed for rendering, potentially saving a significant amount of video memory. On systems with slower disk access, streaming textures may be momentarily visible.
[ UI / LOCALIZATION ]
– Added a new Anubis main menu background movie to the game.
– Added a way for users to change their main menu background scenery.
– Split stickers and patches localization UI tokens to allow for better translations.
– Added proper HTML-escaping for custom inventory item names when applying and scraping stickers.
[ STORE ]
– Added Warhammer 40,000 Sticker Capsule featuring a variety of stickers from the Warhammer 40,000 series.
[ STEAM ]
– Updated Steamworks SDK and Steam libraries to the latest versions released in May 2020.
– If the game fails to connect with local Steam Client, then users must update their version of Steam Client by selecting Steam > Check for Steam Client Updates…